Monday, May 2, 2016

His Own Blanket

Several years ago, I made my Grandma a Girasole blanket for Christmas. Even through worsening dementia, she still knows that it is her blanket. My Grandpa frequently tells me how he never gets to use it!

He is turning 90 this summer and recently reminded me of this fact that he never gets to use that blanket. Good thing I already was plotting to make him his very own blanket! I think that I've narrowed it down to this Stephen West Brickstreet blanket. Grandpa is a lifelong University of Washington Huskies' fan, so I'm thinking that I'll incorporate purple and yellow. I'm thinking of these shades of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash - Mineral Heather for Color A, Indigo Heather for Color B with a thin trim of Seminola in between the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment